BOB started as a fun way to hang out with friends and meet new ones, and has stayed true to that goal ever since. The 6-week coed bowling leagues let members socialize as they bowl each week, with added fun like league-wide team trivia or photo contests so they can meet the hundreds of other fun 20/30-something bowlers as well!
Once bowling is over, most players head to the after-bowling bar to hang out with the rest of the league over beers, bar games, sports on TV, and other fun. More than a bowling league, BOB is a massive social community that has created friendships, marriages, and more. Bowling skills, as always, are optional. To learn more, scroll down for more BOB info & photos or click on a season to get signup details!
Find a league
You can sign up as an individual, a small group of friends, a full team, or even create one or more corporate / alumni teams!
- Grab your friends and get rolling - you can setup/pay for the team yourself or send out invites so they can register on their own.
- If you’re short on people you can always pick up free agents or merge with another team!
- If you want to join with just a friend or three it’s no problem, just sign up as a small group. We’ll make sure you all end up together!
- You also have the option to register and pay for your friends to make sure they get in the league!
- Lots of BOBers sign up as individuals – it’s a great way to meet new people right away!
- Join a team, create one, or BOB will pair you with other free agents, it’s your call. Either way, you’ll have a blast!
- Create an amazing corporate culture or grow your alumni network with a corporate or alum team!
- As a manager you can create one or multiple teams, pay for everyone or let individuals pay, and control the entire setup!
BOB’s corporate signups give companies the opportunity to take teambuilding to the next level. Unlike some activities, bowling offers the perfect opportunity for coworkers of all ages and competitive levels to get together and build some team connections. You can setup one or more office teams, and BOB always makes sure the teams play each other and those in the same industry. Studies have found that keeping employees engaged in their work and forming team bonds has a profound impact on employee retention and productivity, so it’s a great sell to HR dept too!
Unlike other sports which might leave some members feeling left out or uncomfortable with the level of competition, anyone can bowl, and since only the top 4 scores count, even if you’re a terrible bowler you won’t hurt the team. Be an office hero and get more info on corporate teams below to see what you can do to get the ball rolling!
There’s no better way to get your alumni network engaged than getting everyone hanging out and meeting each other on a regular basis! Happy hours are great, but can get old and require a lot of work and money coordinating with the bars, guaranteeing space, and making sure people show up. With BOB, you can just setup a team and send out a link to the listserv – and you only need 6 people minimum! You can sign up as many teams of 6-10 as you like, and pay for them or have individuals pay!
Even more importantly, unlike other sports, everyone can bowl, so regardless of age or skill-level, all members will have a great time! Sign-up a team, then get ready to roll against other alumni groups or rivals! Click on the link below to get more info on setting up an alumni squad!